Remember back in March when we first told you about Fōnuts here in Los Angeles? The plump, decadent, cakey, drooling-now-as-I-type-this-treats!? I actually got choked up and freaked out after my very first bite. GAH!
Have you been there yet? Do you just live too far away to justify a drive to West Hollywood? Well, if that’s the case we have you seriously covered. Don’t delay! Read on, and thank us later! ;)
We’re not sure why they’d give away their secret, but the amazing bakers at Fōnuts have given one of their recipes to DailyCandy. We got so excited, we decided we needed to share STAT. So go ahead and bake these, and then invite us over for breakfast. Mmm kay?
…if only we could weasel their Strawberry Buttermilk Recipe out of them…
Gluten-Free Banana Chocolate Fōnuts
What You’ll Need:
- 1½ c. white rice flour
- 1½ c. almond meal
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 6 tbsp. organic cane sugar
- 8 very ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ c. refined coconut oil or other oil
- ¼ c. chocolate chips, or to taste
Ready, Set, Bake:
1. In large mixing bowl, mix dry ingredients together. In a separate bowl, mix bananas and wet ingredients. (Note: If using coconut oil, use a water bath to melt the oil.)
2. Combine dry and wet mixes together.
3. Fold in chocolate chips.
4. Pour batter into two nonstick, six-cavity donut pans.
5. Bake at 350° for approximately 15 minutes until golden brown. (When touching the center, the dough should bounce back.)