Today the Huffington Post released a first look vid of the film adaptation of Les Misérables, slated to hit theaters this Christmas. Tom Hooper’s vision of this classic tale looks breath taking so far and the addition of recording our favorite songs live while filming, leaves us hopeful. Do you hear the people sing?
We just watched the video, which provoked a single, solitary tear. *sigh* Watch with kleenex…
Go ahead and dab those eyes… We know… it was beautiful.
Now, since you’ve probably already started planning your Les Mis themed Christmas party… Here is our recipe for a classic French peasant dish that smells good enough to bring any man back from the revolution.
Bring Him Home Ratatouille
What You’ll Need:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- salt to taste
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
Ready, Set, Cook:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat bottom and sides of a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir garlic until lightly browned. Mix in parsley and eggplant. Cook and stir until eggplant is soft, about 10 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
- Spread eggplant mixture evenly across bottom of prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle with a few tablespoons of Parmesan cheese. Spread zucchini in an even layer over top. Lightly salt and sprinkle with a little more cheese. Continue layering in this fashion, with onion, mushrooms, bell pepper, and tomatoes, covering each layer with a sprinkling of salt and cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
Recipe from All Recipes
Video Source: Huffington Post